Locations & offices

Offices & locations


Child Protection offices are situated across Victoria, in both regional and metropolitan areas. When applying, you’ll be asked to identify your office location of choice. Office locations are as follows:

North Division

Loddon Mallee Area

  • Bendigo
  • Swan Hill
  • Mildura

Hume, Moreland and North Eastern Melbourne Areas

  • Preston

South Division

Inner and Outer Gippsland Areas

  • Bairnsdale
  • Leongatha
  • Morwell
  • Sale
  • Warragul

Southern Melbourne and Bayside Peninsula Areas

  • Cheltenham
  • Dandenong
  • Frankston

East Division

Goulburn, Ovens and Murray Areas

  • Wangaratta
  • Wodonga
  • Seymour
  • Shepparton

Inner and Outer Eastern Melbourne Areas

  • Box Hill

West Division

Wimmera South West Area

  • Hamilton
  • Horsham
  • Portland
  • Warrnambool

Central Highlands Area

  • Ballarat

Barwon Area

  • Colac
  • Geelong

Brimbank, Melton and Western Melbourne Areas

  • Footscray


Hugging the tip of the Australian east coast, Victoria is Australia’s second-smallest state, covering 227,600 square kilometres – roughly the size of the British Isles.


Packed into such a compact area is a wealth of diverse regional areas and attractions, sweeping coastline, pristine beaches, national parks, forests teeming with wildlife, wineries, lakes and mountains offering skiing, climbing and hiking. Best of all, many of Victoria’s unique and varied landscapes are easily accessible as day trips, no matter where you live.


Opportunities currently exist for Advanced Child Protection Practitioners (CPP4), Leading Practice roles (CPP5) and Expert Practice roles (CPP6) in Victoria, and in particular, in the many townships and regions across our state.


If you’re living overseas and looking to relocate here, we can help you with your transition. Visa sponsorship under the Temporary Business Long Stay visa (e457) together with relocation assistance is available for successful candidates.


Click here to learn more about living and working in Victoria and the innovative Child Protection Program.


Click here to find out more about our relocation assistance guidelines.


For information regarding relocating to Victoria, please visit the following website: www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au


This website provides you information for:

  • living arrangements
  • education and childcare
  • healthcare and medical services
Building relationships is easy in a rural setting

After moving to Australia from India, via the UK, Santhosh found regional Victoria to be the ideal location and environment for him to help vulnerable children and their families