Applications are now closed for the 2019 intake.
Are you a social work, psychology or welfare student interested in paid vacation work?
The VAC program is a structured 12-week full time (or part time equivalent) paid employment program providing you with quality learning experiences relevant to the Victorian Child Protection program. You will gain meaningful experience where you can apply theory into practice. This may provide you with a pathway to a career in Child Protection with Department of Health and Human Services.
As a Case Practice Support Worker, you will be welcomed into a supportive team in one of our metropolitan or regional offices. You will rotate across three areas of the Child Protection branch to gain a holistic understanding of how to protect Victoria’s children.
The VAC program is expected to commence in early January and conclude in early April each year, or later for those who wish to complete the last rotation of the program on a part time basis.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for social work, psychology or welfare-related degree students who are expected to graduate in 2019 and who demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- verbal and written communication
- culture awareness
Please note, to be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- a current and valid driver's licence (learner permits are not accepted)
- full working rights, must be either an Australian citizens, permanent resident or New Zealand citizens with a valid passport
- Police Checks and Working with Children Checks (WWCC) form part of the Department of Health and Human Services recruitment process.
For education institutions
The Department of Health & Human Services is committed to building collegial relationships with education institutes. We provide the following services:
- consultancy, advice and support on child protection initiatives in your curriculum
- DHHS guest presenters can deliver child protection curriculum into the student learning experience
- provision of specialist child protection learning materials
For further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org